_type-checking failures are a regression unrelated to this MR. They have been fixed in !80 (merged) _
A walk through of the changes introduced in this MR can be viewed at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NCbVhjxICYEWzyl2eZNPjkXKqTR_UkjL/view?usp=sharing.
This MR refactors the cookiecutter template to fix deprecated API use (
error_sink), cleans up the test suite configuration and improves documentation.
The cookiecutter template has been renamed to match terminology adopted in other parts of the documentation.
A tutorial is provided under
- The cookiecutter template now ships with a default
stream_config.jsontemplates, that can be used to support (local) development.
- The test suite in cookiecutter has been update to support current
- The cookiecutter template now ships with a Blubber file and Gitlab CI pipeline that integrate with Wikimedia's Deployment pipeline.
- Cookiecutter should declare a dependency on a pacakge wheel file. bump2version would default to
devversions, that are not published to pypi. The template has been modified to default to the latest available wheel, unless a user specifies a version to pin.
- Generate documentation for
sphinx-argparseand similar extensions seem to conflict with our implementation of
autodocextension. As a workaround, a
config.yamlasset is generated at (doc) build time and embedded in
cc / @tchin